I am a huge fan of this refreshing Spanish cold soup, Gazpacho in a hot summer day. All you need is fresh ripe tomatoes, cucumbers and red bell peppers. And Yes a powerful blender,Vitamix. Blend, Sieve, Chill and Serve. I added some ginger which helps to cool down and beat the hot summer. Can you imagine the flavor combination of Tomato and ginger is so COOL.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grounded ginger
- 1 lime juice
- 1/3 cup of olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- sweet basil, for garnish
- Combine tomatoes,cucumber, bell pepper, shallot, garlic ginger in a blender. Blend well at high speed until very smooth. (If you have a Vitamix, this would be a great recipe to showcase the power the blender.)
- Pass through a coarse strainer into a bowl, pressing the pulp to extract all the juices.
- Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour the soup into chilled bowls, garnish with basil and drizzle with some olive oil.