I can’t figure out what I love most about this watermelon salad – the juicy sweet goodness, the refreshingly cool bite, or the rummy coconut finish. And it’s a no-cook recipe so it’s perfect for Independence Day heat waves. I topped it with the last of the cilantro from the garden. It’s even better the next day when you’ve let everything marinate overnight.
- 1 large (about 7 cups) seeded watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum or any other rum
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Add the first five ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add the salt and give a final toss just before serving (some of the rummy goodness will settle to the bottom)
Adjust the cayenne based on your desired spicy level. Adjust the rum based on your desired alcohol level. The salad can be made ahead and refrigerated before serving.