I can’t figure out what I love most about this watermelon salad – the juicy sweet goodness, the refreshingly cool bite, or the rummy coconut finish. And it’s a no-cook recipe so it’s perfect for Independence Day heat waves. I topped it with the last of the cilantro from the garden. It’s even better the next day when you’ve let everything marinate overnight.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
Total Time: 70 mins
Course: Appetizer, Salad, Fruit, Dessert
- 1 large (about 7 cups) seeded watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum or any other rum
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Add the first five ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add the salt and give a final toss just before serving (some of the rummy goodness will settle to the bottom)
- Adjust the cayenne based on your desired spicy level.
- Adjust the rum based on your desired alcohol level.
- The salad can be made ahead and refrigerated before serving.