Scallops are so versatile and just a few in any dish can deliver a lot of flavor and satisfaction. When I bought the scallops for the crudo, I doubled the order so that I could cook some in brown butter — decadent, tasty, and easy. Unlike the crudo, you can do this with frozen scallops (Costco!) with the same delicious result. Heat up that pan and scroll down for the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pieces sea scallops
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- chives, for garnish
- Dry scallops with paper towel. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops and spoon butter over scallops often until deep golden brown on 1 side, about 3 mins.
- Turn scallops and continue cooking, spooning butter over scallops often, until scallops are cooked through about 3 mins longer. Butter should be brown and smell nutty.
- Serve scallops with brown butter pan sauce.